What we believe
Doctrinal Statements are much easier to write out than they are to live out. We do not suppose that by stating our beliefs that we are living up to what God wants us to be. We pray that our lives, which are our greatest doctrinal statement will bring glory to God and will better show his sacrificial love towards all mankind.
While all the bible is our true doctrinal statement what follows is our feeble attempt to summarize many of its most central teachings.
1. We believe that there is one, and only one, true and living God: and that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are the three personalities of the one divine God. Deuteronomy 4:35, Psalm 83:18, Matthew 28:1, 1 John 5:7.
2. We believe that the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:212 was written by men supernaturally and verbally inspired, and that it is a perfect treasure of Holy instruction. II Timothy 3:16 – 17, II Peter 1:20 – 21.
3. We believe that God created the Heaven and the earth, and that man was created distinct from and eminently higher than all forms of life. Genesis 1:1, 1:11, 1:21, 2:7, Acts 17:24-29.
4. We believe that man by voluntary transgression fell from the high and happy state in which he was created, and as a consequence brought himself and all mankind under the condemnation of God. Genesis 3:6, 24, Isaiah 53:6, Ephesians 2:1-3.
5. We believe that Satan is an actual person, and not an imaginary influence, that he operates today as the god of this world and the prince of the power of the air; and that he shall eventually be cast into the lake of fire, the eternal place of punishment, prepared for the devil and his angels. Job 1:6, 2:1, 6, Matthew 25:41, II Corinthians 4:4, Ephesians 2:2, Revelation 20:10.
6. We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin: that God the Father, Through the Holy Spirit, is actually and eternally His divine Father: and that May, the virgin, is actually and innocently His human mother. Isaiah 7:14, 9:6, Matthew 1:18, 25.
7. We believe that Jesus Christ only is the great high priest, and that He ever liveth to intercede for us. Hebrews 2:17-18, 4:14-16, 7:25.
8. We believe that redemption is through the efficacy of the blood of Christ, that Christ died for the whole world, and offers salvation to all mankind. However, all will not be saved because they will not accept His offered mercy. John 5:40, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9, Revelation 22:17.
9. We believe that repentance and faith are essential to salvation. Matthew 3:1-13, Mark 1:4-15, Luke 13:3, Acts 20:21, Galatians 3:26.
10. We believe in order to be saved one must be born again and that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ without any mixture of works whatsoever. John 3:3-8, Romans 4:1, 6, Ephesians 2:8-20, Titus 3:5.
11. We believe that the children of God will not depart from Him so far as to finally be lost in Hell. John 10: 27-30, Romans 8:35-39, I Peter 1:5.
12. We believe that Sanctification is a divine work of Grace by which the believer is separated unto God and dedicated unto His righteous purpose, That it is not a state of sinless perfection, but a progressive work begun in regeneration and carried on in the life of every believer by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Proverbs 4:18, Romans 15:16, Philippians 1:6, I Thessalonians 4:3.